Super-Moist Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Recipe
You won’t believe this until you’ve tried it yourself, but this is the most moist, slightly sweet, delicious cornbread that you will ever have. You can have it with butter or honey, but it’s perfectly fine on its own. You will never look at regular or jalapeno cornbread the same again.
- 1 stick of butter, melted and slightly cooled (1 stick = ½ cup or 8 Tbsp)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 can of creamed corn (14.75 ounces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup grated aged white cheddar cheese (I sometimes substitute this with a shredded cheddar cheese blend)
- ½ cup minced jalapeno (it is perfectly fine to use the jarred jalapenos for this)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8×8″ baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the melted butter with the sugar. Beat in the eggs until all ingredients are combined. Add the buttermilk and creamed corn and stir to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine. Add the buttermilk/egg mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the grated cheddar cheese and minced jalapenos. Stir.
- Pour batter evenly into the greased baking dish and place on the middle rack in oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and a toothpick placed in center of cornbread comes out clean. You may have to cover the baking dish loosely with foil during the last 10-15 minutes of cooking to ensure the top of the cornbread does not burn.
- Serve warm.
TIP: Use this as a side to my kickass chili recipe here: Best Chili Recipe Ever!